Yields: 4 Servings Difficulty: Medium Prep Time: 8 Mins Cook Time: 10 Mins Total Time: 18 Mins
Tonkatsu or breaded pork cutlets is served sliced into long strips with a dark,tangy sauce dip or drizzled over it or on the side with sliced cabbage,rice or noodles. Make this deep fried breaded bliss at home.
- Pound the pork loin to desired thickness.(to prevent pork fat from curling up when frying, make a slit around the fat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Make a breading station by arranging shallow bowls of flour,eggs and breadcrumbs on the table.
- Dredge pork in flour, dip in egg then coat in breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil to 350 degrees F. then deep fry the coated meat until golden brown, roughly around 5-7 minutes.
- Let the pork rest and drain with paper towel.
- Cut the pork into slices and serve with tonkatsu sauce and rice.
- Tonkatsu Sauce: -1/2 cup tomato ketchup -1/4 cup brewed soy sauce, (preferably kikkoman) -3-4 tbsps. brown sugar -1 tsp.grated ginger -1 tsp. chopped garlic -2 tbsps. chopped onions *In a saucepan,add all the ingredients.Let it boil. Then lower heat and continue to simmer until sauce is reduced to half and thickens slightly.