Yields: 8 Servings Difficulty: Medium Prep Time: 20 Mins Cook Time: 35 Mins Total Time: 55 Mins
This bake pasta is perfect for a laidback sunday dinner with the family. This pasta is a winner.
- Make the marinara sauce: heat 6 tbsps. olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Sauté onions until lighly golden in color. add garlic; Sauté until fragrant. Add white wine and let it reduce by half. Add diced tomatoes. Simmer on low heat for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add fresh basil, salt and pepper. remove from the heat; Set aside.
- Bring a large saucepan of lightly salted water to a rolling boil and cook penne according to package directions or until al dente.
- In a large pan, heat 2 tbsps. olive oil, sauté onion until lightly golden in color. Add garlic; saute until fragrant. Add the minced beef and cook, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up any lumps in the meat, for 5-8 minutes or until browned. Seasoned with salt and pepper
- Stir the marinara sauce into the beef and pour in the milk. Remove from the heat and toss lighly until combined.
- Transfer the penne pasta into a lighly oiled baking dish. Sprinkle with parmesan, mozzarella cheese and fresh parsley over the pasta then bake in the preheated oven until golden. Serve immediately.