Yields: 5 Servings Difficulty: Medium Prep Time: 30 Mins Cook Time: 15 Mins Total Time: 45 Mins
A piquant marinade not only makes the beef in this dish succulent and tender but also lends it a bold, peppery flavor that will prove a spice-lover’s delight.
- Marinate beef in half of the calamansi juice for about 30 minutes.
- In a frying pan, heat canola oil and saute half of the onions until lightly brown. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Drain beef from marinade and reserve marinade. Saute beef in the same pan for 2-3 minutes.
- Combine remaining calamansi juice, black pepper, soy sauce and water. Stir into frying pan together with onions and reserved marinade; About 5 minutes. Squeeze the juice of 2 calamansi before removing from heat.
- Garnish with fresh onions if desired and serve with fried potato wedges or rice.